What I've accepted in 2012:
1. There is no clear definition of 'Hipster,' - it's useful as both an insult and a compliment, yeah you hipsters, it is! And I love the sound of it rolling off my tongue.
2. I am officially 'pants' at making gravy and I am PROUD of that fact. Ever since my Chef Sister casually mentioned that 'a good gravy takes at least 11 hours to simmer', I realised I don't have 11 hours to spare.
4. Big Girls Do SO Cry. I think this could be a talent of sorts, - I can cry at the drop of a hat. I cry at Christmas adverts on TV, I'm constantly pulling tissues out at the movies, I've blubbered on public transport whilst reading books, - now if I could just turn tears into, I dunno, cash?
5. You should never hang up on a Priest's answer machine, he will find you.
6. Lady Gaga is younger than Carly Rae Jepsen and I find this a little disturbing but I can't explain that either. Call me on the tele-tele-phone or like, call me maybe? Maybe not.
7. I suck at editing sex scenes. Pun most definitely intended.
8. Gangnam style is not going to disappear easily. *deepest regretful sigh*
9. Children are little philosophers and you really should listen to their conversations. Covertly is best, as that's when they're at their most natural. Preferably do this with your own children or nieces and nephews. Do not randomly hang out at parks and eavesdrop on kids. That will get you arrested.
10. Love is all you need.
11. Running will not kill you.
12. Your mother will never change but you can always change your phone number. *taps nose*
Now, what have you accepted this year?
|Yes, let's do it!|
Happy 2013! May the new year bring you peace and happiness!
- Love Talei xox
A/N: Image via tumblr