Parallel Universes: Journey into Wonderland

"This is your last chance.  After this, there is no turning back.  You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.  You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."  - Morpheus from The Matrix

Which one did you take today?
That's what I thought...

Imagination is a beautiful thing, it allows you to roam wild and free, exploring places and indeed people... you've never seen.  The reality of wandering between universes - theres our bold blue one, where clocks ticks, schedules are set and you plod along to the distinct beat of a metronome.  And then we have our scarlet red universe where time falls away, the landscape is dotted with rabbit-holes and everything is just a teeny bit shinier, if not blurry around the edges. If you're writing, you know what I'm talking about.  Of course, its your choice where you spend your time.  Well, kinda-sorta. Some days, I like to levitate above my sofa  in a state of nothingness.  Perfectly.  Zen.  A tall bamboo pole tattooed with Japanese calligraphy. Arabic maybe.  Anything is possible in the red universe.  Make sense?  Good.  Now, go away and find your own rabbit-hole... and I mean that sincerely darlings.

Photocredit via weheartit

A/N:  Things to do this weekend?  Eat, drink and make merry! Write an NYT Bestseller, bake chocolate muffins, you know.... all that good stuff.  Now that its your time.  Be all that you can be.  I'm going to keep saying that this year until its etched on the bones beneath your skin.  Spooky, I know.  Whats on your diary?  -Talei xox

Ps:  And no, no I'm quite sane. It's just Friday! 

Comments

Michael Di Gesu said…
I ALWAYS smile when I visit you Talei... It has been ages, but life gets in the way of good friends sometimes.

HAPPY NEW YEAR SWEETS! At least it's still January, right?

I love how my imagination runs wild when I read your whimsical posts.

As for this weekend... Snowy in Chicago. Frosty glimmers of refracted opalescent light blanketed this charming city yesterday, leaving mounds of white fluff clinging to the trees and rooftops.

I hope this gives you an idea of my weekend.

I hope yours is equally as lovely.
Talei said…
"...refracted opalescent light.." Ah, Chicago under a blanket of snow, one day I will see you.

Friendships have no limits or time restrictions, my dear, I love it when you visit, your sweet comments are music to my ears. And your weekend sounds lovely! Alas, no snow here but the sky is the palest of blue with clouds of cashmere grey. We must stay whimsical to retain our sanity, yes? ;) HAPPY NEW YEAR indeed! xox
J.C. Martin said…
Thank you for the motivational post! :) Today's a blue pill day, sadly, as I've got to go to work. But tomorrow I'll be on the hunt for rabbit holes!

I'm unveiling the cover of ORACLE today on my blog, with a contest to boot. I figured since you were one of the first I spoke to about the book, that you'd like to see the finished cover!
Talei said…
Hello JC! Glad you enjoyed the post! We all love our rabbit hole days too, right?

I just popped over to your blog - SO VERY EXCITED for you! Congrats on the cover and getting your book published, wonderful!! xox

Popular Posts