Made With Love

Week 10 in these quarantine times and I've rediscovered my Inner Baker.  She was in there somewhere, but it took 2 weeks of self-isolation for her to break out of hibernation. Am feeling like a genie released from her bottle. I've baked scones, biscuits, bread rolls, even a couple of quiches, and I've pulled apple crumbles, a pizza out of nowhere! Don't get me started on mixing things up on the weekly menu. Getting creative with spices for salmon and chicken is my latest thing and I'm always searching for inspiration.  

Needless to say, I'm working through phases of keeping myself occupied while waiting to find out "what happens next"in the outside world. First, baking to keep my hands busy, and books to fill that other void. Having finished all my outstanding library books, I'm floating in limbo waiting those lovely establishments to re-open.

I have stopped watching the daily news and government updates as avidly as before. Sometimes it feels healthy to take a break from all of the information flying around and yesterday, I purposely opted for a good dose of Agatha Christie's Poirot. Time well spent. Daily strolls are a highlight when I can get outside, and we had a very short Badminton season here with one very determined teen. Generation Z aren't particularly interested in hanging out with their mums, I can tell you. So, finding a routine to stay healthy is still a challenge - but I'll persist. 

Back to the baking - these fabulous chocolate biscuits pictured are a favourite after the afghans. Here's a quick recipe for you if keen to try them out - and you may need to adjust it slightly because I did!


Recipe for Easy Chocolate Biscuits:
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1/8 cup cocoa 

1) Cream butter and sugar in bowl
2) Add cocoa and flour and mix into a dough 
3) Roll out little balls of 12 from the dough
4) Place on lined baking tray and lightly squish (flatten) ball with a fork
5) Bake for 12 minutes at 180 c ( 350 f)
6) Let cool and enjoy!

I adjusted mine batch slightly because I love dark chocolate flavour - so I added another tablespoon of cocoa and a little more butter/flour - but you can stick with the core recipe above. 


That's it from me for now, time for a stroll while the sun is out. 

Keep safe and well, lovelies
Talei x









  








Comments

Popular Posts