Well, I'd like to think I'm wiser but I am reminded constantly that this contrary to reality. However, if we delve deeper - what the devil is reality anyway? In another parallel universe, I confess that I have in fact, preferred washing my hair to hanging out in dimly-lit bordellos listening to folk bemoan the state of the Euro, their partner's shopping habits and small family pets with uncontrollable urges. Not necessarily in that order. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas parties but I'm learning that being selective can be good for your own sanity. Less vampire eyes, skin more perky in the morning...
Anyhow, enough waffle - if you've been angelic thus far, or indeed, recovering from the giddiness of some serious shopping sprees, I 'm guessing that you just may be in need of a pick-me-up. Kick-off your heels, slide back into that sofa and relax. So many fabulous folks have covered off the wonderful Christmas gift ideas, therefore, my offering to your festive spirit? Why, cocktails, of course. I know, I know - don't worry - I've got your back. Pull out that cocktail shaker, dust off the ice-pick and roll up those sleeves. Here's my helpful guide on what to serve, when and to whom.
1. Sweet sherry in a dainty glass, this one is for those delightful elderly aunts and demure Grandmas. Pour liberally...better yet, leave the bottle next to the old dears.
3. Christmas Punch, no-one ever knows what ingredients go into the punch bowl but the results are always worth the stirring and adjusting. Always spike lovingly and serve to the late-arriving cousins who clearly did not make it home last night... Don't worry, they'll barely notice.
5. Baileys Mistletoe, creamy cocktail with splash of mint - best served to yummy mummies returning to the booze cabinet... wait, can I say that?
6. Peach Schnapps, one to chase away the cold whilst waiting for midnight mass to start...sipped discreetly from hip-flask. Um, no I've never done that... it's just an idea, ahem.
8. Champagne, well chilled! Don't forget - plenty of enthusiastic toasts! Just do it!
photocredits via tumblr
PS: And anyone asking for a beer? Send directly to the naughty mat underneath the Christmas tree or better yet, seat them at the children's table for lunch. Oh, yes I will.
A/N: Hello Lovelies, this has been an incredibly busy year. I hope everyone is well and enjoying the festive season. I've actually managed to tick a few gifts off my list this weekend and a few more lunches and dinners this week will see me through to Friday. I will be taking a blogging holiday until mid-January with a plan to focus on my writing projects and if I'm lucky - absorb several books from my ever increasing reading pile. I will be flitting around in the ether no doubt! Wishing you and your loved ones, a very jolly christmas! Bottoms up Lovelies! *clink clink* - Talei xox