I Heart You Steve Jobs

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.  Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.  And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  They somehow already know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary."   - Steve Jobs



It's no secret, I love great design, I love beautiful things.  I love listening to my favourite tunes on my iPod, I have an umbilical cord attached to my iPhone.  I love plugging my music into the Apple speakers in my kitchen as I cook.  I love dancing with my six-year-old to that music in that kitchen.  I am in awe of the speed that said six-year-old navigates through his games on the iPad.  He is an angel-demon.  I love how the pages turn on iBook.  I love the ease of downloading apps on my iMac. I love that I can slip my sleek fuschia pink iPod into my gym bra while I workout.  Yes, I do.  I love the touch screen technology of all things Apple.  Every morning, I wake-up to the alarm on my iPhone. Every day, I sit at my iMac and I write. Every night, I tweet goodnight...yes from one of my i-Things.  Thank you, Mr Jobs - for bringing joy and inspiration into my world.  Every single dayI heart you for it.

A/N:  I own up to being an emotional human, its my prerogative.  I rarely share personal posts about my little one but this morning we had a conversation which made me smile.

Me:   I'm a little sad today
C:   *looks up at me*
Me:   You know, the man who invented the iPad and Mummys Phone, and my Computer? 
C:   *silent stare*
Me: Well, his name is Steve Jobs, he died last night, its very sad. A lot of people are sad today.
C:   *thinking stare*
Me:  But we're lucky to that he lived because he made the iPad and lots of good things.
C:   No, but - a lot of other people helped to make them too.  He didn't make ALL of them by himself.
Me: *chokes back laughter*  That's true.  But - he was their leader.
C:  But has someone else has taken over his job...?
Me:  *chokes back tears*  Yes... yes, they have.
C:   Mummy, you know what?  I planted six bulbs yesterday.
Me:   Really?
C:   Yes, I planted six bulbs and they are going to grow to THIS high.  *gestures to his knees*
Me:   Really? Wow.
C:   Yes, and they are going to be beautiful.

Moral of the conversation:  Leave it to the angels in your life to remind you that - life goes on and we should celebrate it.   Talei xox

Comments

Michael Di Gesu said…
IT is sad that such a genius is no long with us. You son sounds adorable...

I own everything and use everything APPLE too... I understand...

HUGS.

Michael
Meredith said…
Such sad news, isn't it? He was much too young. Your little one sounds absolutely adorable! What a sweetheart.
Talei said…
Michael, - HUGS back at you. Thank you. I'm glad you understand. ;-) It's amazing how one person have impacted so many peoples daily lives - what a star, huh?

Meredith, thank you. iSad since the news broke last night. Hope you are well!
Danette said…
I will admit that I am not an apple fan so I was not as struck by Steven Jobs death as so many were... but I understand how you feel in the sense that I will feel a great loss when Christopher Hitchens passes. People we have never met, yet they impact us profoundly for one reason or another...

What a darling boy you have raised!!! Cheers to you!
Unknown said…
I heart Steve Jobs too. I'm still hugging my iPhone, iPad and iMac a little bit tighter. :(

Your little one sounds adorable. I hope his bulbs are truly beautiful. :)
Talei said…
Danette, thank you! He's a sweet boy! (definitely angel-demon though)

Shirley, I heart all my iThings ;-)

Popular Posts