It has been a particularly insane week - and it's almost the end of November. Um, yes, yes it is. Is anyone else chasing their own tail? Please say yes, otherwise, I'll have to curl up in the foetal position tonight and worry that I'm different... and... oh, sorry. Anyhow, back to crazy Friday, I've been pondering ways to relax, in style. Here's my fabulous five for today:
1. Pamper me baby, pamper me real good... and I mean it. Take yourself off to a spa, close the door on the rest of the world for a while, slip into a lovely robe and let someone else take care of you. Massage anyone? Um, yes please. This is my plan for Sunday (wish me luck)
2. Shopping - this can be a team sport, or as an individual. I find it's helpful to bribe a BFF into coming along, as Confucius say 'many hands make light work' which translates to 'more shopping bags for you.' Just remember to feed and water your BFF during the expedition, and let them rest now and then...like, whilst you're trying on your umpteenth pair of Louboutins.
3. Music makes the people come together...yeah... thanks Madge. Yes it does, and karaoke is an old favourite of mine. No giggling down the back. I do, you know. And my latest headset makes the most wonderful prop for those essential 'Britney Spears' moments. I recommend it. You know, when no-ones watching. Oh baby, baby indeed.
4. Get thee a friend who can cook - or better still - grab several BFFs and head out for supper-dinner-lunch-brunch. Pick a place, somewhere fab and just like, do it?
5. Recline in Style. Possibly my own personal favourite. Find a darkly-lit room, add a little ambience with your favourite candles, place cocktail glass on table, arrange self ever-so-elegantly on the sofa - reach for remote - and exhale... Perfect positioning for napping, which essentially is the ultimate way to rejuvenate. Tell me, how do you unwind after a busy week?