A Poem: One Sweet Kiss


It was raining that day as I rushed from the train,
Your chocolate mocha eyes glanced my way,
You turned away too soon but I knew, 
My heart had already noticed you too.

And I watched as you walked through the crowds,
A sea of faces, A facade that fades
And all that remained unwavering was,
Your searching smile, Your charming style
I held my breath 
In
Anticipation


It was sunny that last day we met,
Under the trees, A cool sea breeze,
You didn't say goodbye and I could have wept 
As your soft red lips touched mine
 I knew as you did, that this would be 
Our one sweet kiss
x




Photocredits via tumblr

One Sweet Kiss © T.Loto All rights reserved.

Comments

Meredith said…
Oh, wow. I love this. Such a poignant, beautiful poem! The last stanza kills me.
LynNerdKelley said…
This is such a beautiful poem. I didn't want it to end!
Danette said…
Lovely poem, my friend, lovely!
Talei said…
Meredith, thank you so much! So glad you enjoyed it!! I'm kinda loving the last stanza too.

Lyn, merci beacoup, you are too kind. And in hindsight, I think I could've slipped in another stanza too. Cheers lovely.

Peggy, thank you my dear!

Danette, so happy you enjoyed it too. Thanks so much! x
Kimberly Krey said…
Okay, wow! That was truly beautiful! I seriously loved it! :)
Talei said…
Kimberly, thank you! So happy you enjoyed it! ;-)

Popular Posts