Little Miss Chatterbox Is Curious
We spend hours online these days, reading, networking, shopping, writing, and yet we don't often comment back on stories. Is it our lifestyle being moulded by technology? What's acceptable these days when flitting through blogs at a great rate of knots? We can stumble across a gem of a story, with triple digit hits and maybe a handful of comments. Are we shy? *shakes head* No, we are not. So, what is it about a story that entices comments? Here's my top five reasons:
1. Connection - what you say will get you comments. I need to feel a connection, yes it's soppy but it's true. Chemistry in your writing makes me want to comment.
2. Humour me - I LOVE to laugh, it makes me smile, it gives me that warm happy feeling... and without hesitation, I shall comment!
3. Short and Sweet - I've got A LOT to say. I do. I really, really do. But sometimes, what's left unsaid is best. Sometimes if you waffle....people forget what you were trying to say.
4. A Little Visual Stimulation, if you please. No, don't strip off - unless of course, your genre and site requires this. Personally, I like the pretty pictures. Not every post but here and there - find the perfect balance.
5. Voice - Yes, darlings...even for blogging. Work that voice. Don't be the blog that sends people to sleep. That's what lullabies are for, non? If I love your voice, you could talk to me about the futures market on Himalayan Mountain Goat Droppings and I'd sit up straight. Pick stimulating topics, points of interest and in the words of that great Drag Queen RuPaul 'Werk it!'
A/N: If you enjoy what you read online, show the writer some love, even a couple of words will do. Go on, make a Chatterbox smile today. And, please do share your thoughts! What makes you hit the 'post comment' button?
Have a lovely week!