1. Tell us your five favourite words and why you like them.
2. Pass the award onto three bloggers who you think are excellent literacy builders and link to their sites.
3. Contact the bloggers you nominate and let them know about the award.
Now, this may surprise you....or perhaps not. I uncovered five of my favourite cobwebbed words in a previous post called Foliage, Midlands and the P word. I'm posting three of the original five here and adding a few new ones.
1. Soliloquies - Dramatic monologuing and reflections? I just love how this word rolls of my tongue!
2. Pudendum - Ahem, well how should we describe our lower regions? I'll be honest. This one makes me giggle like a silly school girl. I loved it from the first time I heard it roll off the tongue of delightful Dame Judy Dench....that Dame has a way with words!
3. Discombobulate - confusing, befuddled, stupefy, bewildered...well its a mystery to me but I highly recommend inserting this little baby into the next conversation with family or friends...just to see the confusion on their faces...whatever does that word mean?
4. Salacious - I'm writing Women's Fiction -there will be plenty of scenes where characters lust over each other.
5. Vivacious - lively, high spirited, sprightly. *Sigh* This pretty much sums up my MC right now. She's a darling really!
* I am passing this award to three lovely bloggers whose musings make me smile whenever I stop by *
Jason RM @ A Writer's Words
Tara @ Feel of Something New
Krista Lynne Jensen @ Krista Lynne Jensen
** Have a lovely weekend everyone! Hopefully we can all sneak in a few writerly moments! **
* Do you have any favourite words you love to roll off the tip of your tongue? *