Writings Habits for a Star Award
Thank you to the lovely Denise from Laussieswritingblog who has sent a sparkly star award whizzing to my little corner of the writing galaxy! On accepting this lovely award, I'm to share a few of my unique writing habits! My Inner Muse is doing cartwheels, what can we share?
1. My favourite places to write are at my desk in the quiet of the morning or late evening. In summer, I love sitting outside in the garden.
2. I start with a good cup of hot tea! Place it carefully on window sill. Ignore my dog who is barking at the big tabby cat who's leaping fences in a vain effort catch a terrified squirrel scrambling up a tree.
3. In summer, a good chilled glass of Pimms accompanies me into the garden with my netbook.
4. I keep a trusty notebook open; arrange pen so that it's lying just so on the pages! You can glance at it for ideas - this is allowed! Although I use a PC, I always seem to scribble notes on paper beside me.
5. I always have music nearby! If I'm in the mood, I'll throw on some background noise. It helps loosen those grey cells.
6. My favourite snack....mmm depends on the time of day. Cookies, or toast make regular appearances on the window sill though. Olives and houmous if in the garden.
7. I lose track of time, and write like a demon if I'm in the zone. Pfft, who needs 'Do not disturb' signs when that happens?
8. Daily writing goals - I grab whatever time I can to write, whenever, wherever, its a must! My Muse gets very pouty if I try to excuse myself.
And these, my dear friends are a few of my writing habits. How about you? What are your writing habits?
** I am passing this beautiful shiny star onwards to these lovely souls**
Karen Jones Gowan at Coming down the mountain
Terry Stonecrop at Gardner West Private Eye
Kittie Howard at The Block
Theresa Milstein at Substitute Teachers Saga
Jaydee Morgan at Jaydee Morgan
** Happy writing this weekend Lovelies! **