Wanted: One Perfect Cocktail Dress

 Last week I received a lovely surprise in the mail.  Isn't it lovely to still get letters through the post?  The only person who still writes to me in long hand is my dear Mama, and a handful of old school friends.  A stark white envelope arrived in amongst the unsavoury windowed variety, I almost tossed but at the last minute decided to open it.   Inside, was an invitation to a 'Cocktail Reception' no less; my stars, I am pleased.  Well, of course I'm going to take full advantage of it.  I've asked one of my oldest BFF to accompany me; it shall be FUN!
Of course the next question is - what to wear?  I had to turn to my darling fashion muse here, and she came up with some stunning inspirational frocks.   Here's five perfect cocktail dresses for Friday.


Elegant Pink

Dreamy Blues

Sassy Lady in Red
The Palest of Greens

Vintage Dior ala Audrey


Which one would you choose?

Photocredits via we heart it

A/N: Real life has kept me super busy today, I am finally able to make my Friday post...just before bewitching hour.  Let's hope no-one turns into a pumpkin.  Friday night, time to unwind, unravel, relax and recuperate.  Happy weekend all!


Comments

The blue draping looks pretty flattering. Really can't go wrong with any of 'em!
I really like the first one and the last one.
Melissa said…
I like all of them! I'd probably go with red though cause it's my fave color!
dolorah said…
I'm a sucker for blues and greens. But, I like those colors best. Dreamy blue is definitely "dreamy".

.......dhole
Anonymous said…
Oh, they are all so lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time.
I would be pretty wowed to go to a cocktail evening accompanying any of them, but, for me, the blue or the red maybe would set off the lovely person inside the best?

Hope you have a lovely time!
Talei said…
Theresa, the blue on is very lovely! I agree they are all fab! ;)

Karen, those two are my fav! I leaning towards something mushroomy pink or black. *the search continues!* ;)

Melissa, lady in red! I love these 50's vintage dresses! ;)

Kelly, thanks, quite excited really. ;)

Dom, cheers! Both are lovely creations aren't they?
Talei it all depends on your skin tone, if you are still as tanned in that picture up there I will stay away from the pastels, that said unless you want a make a va va voom statement with the red I would go in the blue have fun
Susan Fields said…
Palest of greens has my vote. Have fun!
Hi,

RED!!! Ding-ding! The style alone lends itself for a fab full-necklace and matching earrings: pref diamonds or black beads!

Whatever, have a wonderful time

best
F
Mya said…
Personally, the pink or the black. I usually choose a fairly tailored look. Basic black - typical me. But if I had the personality to go with it, I would wear something a little eye catching and a little flirty.
Anonymous said…
Ooh how exciting, you'll get lots of material for your writing. I'd certainly go for the lovly blue number myself.
If you have time check out my prize giveaway at: http://scribbleandedit.blogspot.com/2010/11/annie-sanders-guest-author-interview.html
:O)
Meredith said…
They're all so pretty! I love the pink--cute and fun!
Anonymous said…
The little black dress. Definitely. Oh, what fun! A cocktail party?! How cool. Can't wait to hear all about it. Regarding handwritten letters, I LOVE them! I still get them from my dad and cherish each one.
Terry Stonecrop said…
I'd go with the pale pink one. It's classy and understated. The model looks like Audrey Hepburn.

Whichever you choose, have lots of fun!:)

Popular Posts